New way to live or no way to escape?
The new user-friendly technology of identity in airport security
Design, Identity Security, Technology, User-friendly, Accessible.
With the help of future identity management, people might have a much more efficient and easier way to live. In the meantime criminals would have no place to escape because of the identity Network.
Airport security often makes people feel nervous because of various reasons. It might because you are not quite sure about what items you couldn’t bring along. Maybe you worry about your privacy maybe personal belonging. You might worry about where is the gate if you will late for the plane because you are waiting in a long queue. As for parents they might concern their little baby when they pass through the security door.
What it might do?
Find a new way to identify your ID. It might be some kind of self-security or automatic check-door. And in the same time there might be some little device very easy to bring along could show you where is the gate, where your family members and when will the plane take off. Or travel just makes you so tired.
Meantime base on the identity network, criminals could be recognized. The network connects police, communities, internet. It could be more beneficial and efficient to our society’s safety and stability.
What makes it different from other technology?
Warm design, User friendly, Easy to access
High technology usually makes people feel cool and not so easy to access, for instance, the airport security, passengers have to go through such as fingerprint scan, retinal scan and so on, and sometimes it takes a long time, those comprehensive factors may make passengers’ feel stressful or uncomfortable. People-oriented’ s design might help to deal with this problem.
How to support it to work?
Edge technology to be based on
Literature review to know about the same research or designs have been done
Talk with experts to back up my concept
Who I might work with?
What problems I might meet?
Ethics risks ( Privacy)
Lots of reading
1) Clifford, S.(2000) Method and system for airport security, United States Patent.
2) Mel, D. and Raymond, R. R. (1999) Identification method, especially for airport security and the like, United States Patent.
3) Robert, W. Poole, Jr. and George, P. A (2003) Risk-Based Airport Security policy
4) Meng, M. and Ritu, A. (2007) Through a Glass Darkly: Information Technology Design, Identity Verification, and Knowledge Contribution in Online Communities. Robert H. Smith School of Business, University of Maryland
5) Face Recognition
6) Chao, L. Yi Xian, Y. and Xin Xin, N. (2006) Biometric-based personal identity-authentication system and security analysis.
7) Catherine, A. H. (2001) National identification card system and biometric identity verification method for negotiating transactions. United States Patent
8) Mark B. Salter, (2008) Politics at the airport. Minneapolis : University of Minnesota Press.
9) National Research Council (2007)Fusion of security system data to improve airport security. National Academies Press.
10) Martin, T. Beigelman.(2009) Identity theft handbook : detection, prevention, and security. Hoboken, N.J. : Wiley, c2009.
11) S. Alexander Haslam (2004) Psychology in organizations: the social identity approach. Great Britain By The Alden Press, Oxford.
12) Fighting Back Against Identity theft http://www.ftc.gov/bcp/edu/microsites/idtheft/
Name: Ming Ge
Bachelor Degree: Jiangnan University, Industrial Design
Master Degree: University of Dundee, Master Of Design
Hobby: Travel, Photography, Cooking
- RT @Creative_Dundee: Thanks to everyone who helped make tonight a reality, especially the incomparable young people steering group, from @H… 2 hours ago
- Where it all began - C.Gull shows us images of his chips and curry sauce box seagull models before turning to stree… twitter.com/i/web/status/9… 4 hours ago
- RT @Creative_Dundee: Quintana Beattie is one of the young people who designed tonight’s #PKN_DND with us! She is also an ALL TIME HERO AND… 4 hours ago
- RT @Poorboy_stories: Victoria Potts at #PKN_DND talking passionately and practically about reducing waste and how to live with a lighter ec… 5 hours ago
- @CllrAlexander does a fantastic job of opening the night sharing his memories of growing up in Dundee, that we "don… twitter.com/i/web/status/9… 5 hours ago